The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must be presently employed Wyoming Air National Guard military technicians or an indefinite technician who competed for their positions in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 2: In-Service Dual Status Technician - Merit Promotion: Only presently employed Wyoming Air National Guard military technicians and indefinite military technicians who competed for their positions will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic Supervisor
Position Series/Grade: WS-2610-13
Position Description #: D2284P01
Technician Position #: 0087020634
Military Position #: 09772273
PAS Code: FMSS
Location: 153rd Maintenance Squadron, Cheyenne, WY
Applicants' under-grade will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position works within an Air National Guard Aviation Wing, Maintenance Group, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron or Maintenance Squadron, Avionics Element, Avionics Shop or Communications/Navigation/ECM, Guidance and Control, ECM Pod/Test Station shop that supports aircraft. This is an Air National Guard dual status technician position that requires military membership, compatible military skill assignment and classification. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise employees who install, modify, overhaul, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, align, calibrate, and rebuild multi-system avionics complexes consisting of multiple completely integrated electronic avionics systems where the complex accomplishes a number of major functions. The supervisor in this career field must also possess the ability to perform on-or-off equipment maintenance on one or more complete electronic integrated systems associated with the assigned aircraft and/or maintenance on automatic flight control systems, instrument systems, inertial and radar navigation systems.
As a ELECTRONIC INTEGRATED SYSTEMS MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, WS-2610-13, you will:
(1) Planning: Serve as section supervisor, exercising supervisory responsibility over assigned integrated systems repair and maintenance work operations. Supervise employees involved in the maintenance, repair, and modification of integrated multi-complex avionics systems.
(2) Work Direction: Investigate work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes; implement corrective actions, within authority, to resolve work problems.
(3) Administration: Support and explain management programs to subordinates. Plan and establish overall leave schedule. Determine training needs of subordinates and arrange for its accomplishment. Set performance standards and make formal appraisals of subordinates work performance.
(4) Implement safety regulatory requirements. Ensures subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(5) Prepare for and participate in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479185400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.