To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information on eligibility categories and the documentation requirements. You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted within each application package to be considered. Transfer and Reinstatement eligibles must provide their most current SF-50, AND SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if different from your latest SF-50. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)Schedule A Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Federal Employees (Non-DoD Transfer - OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)30% Disabled Veterans Learn more about this agency
· The primary purpose of this position is to act as senior protocol advisor providing expertise to the Commander. Position manages the protocol office to include staff management, event execution, budgeting, procurement, and inventory control.
· Develops and proposes itineraries of Distinguished Visitors (DVs) to Twelfth Air Force (12 AF) as well as to locations throughout the United States Southern Command Air forces (USSOUTHAF) Area of Operations (AOR) in South and Central American.
· Plans all conferences hosted by this headquarters and attended by general officers or civilian equivalents.
· Attends planning conferences for 12AF/USSOUTHAF exercises to brief command policies and recommend procedures for any DV involvement during the deployment.
· Serves as Commander's representative for Contingency and Special Morale and Welfare Funds. Conducts orientation for newly assigned individuals to familiarize them with the 12 AF/USSOUTHAF.
Occasional travel - Employee may be required to go TDY on commercial or military aircraft.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…VRA, VEOA, Veterans, Federal Employees, Individual with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479159100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.