The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: ACQDEMOLearn more about this agency
This position will be filled as a NH-03 Medium with a starting salary range of $79,720 - $110,703 (includes 27.10% locality) unless statutory or regulatory rules prevail.
This position is part of the Department of Defense, Missile Defense Agency (MDA) . The incumbent will be responsible for providing security and protection advice and guidance to agency personnel in the application of processes and procedures required for the protection of intelligence sources and methods.
As an Security Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support top-level agency decision-making, planning, meetings, intelligence operations, tests, and exercises.
- Provide security and protection advice and guidance to agency personnel.
- Apply physical and technical security specifications and best practices to ensure existing and planned facilities are in compliance with all pertinent Intelligence Community Standards. Critically evaluates existing and future facilities for threats and vulnerabilities.
- Review local implementation of supporting security programs at various Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities.
- Perform all aspects of the Sensitive Compartmented Information Personnel Security Program and provide procedural and security advice and guidance to agency personnel in the application of personnel security policies related to Sensitive Compartmented Information.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of SCI-level personnel security actions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of agency security policy and procedures to ensure efficiency of operations and compliance with DoD and national policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479142200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.