When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The Program Specialist (Host Field Operations Specialist) is responsible for the deployment of FEMA inspectors to disaster sites for damaged housing inspections in support of Presidentially declared disasters. This position starts at a salary of $66,510 (IC-11). The duty station is Winchester, VA.
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Response and Recovery, Recovery Directorate, Individual Assistance Division, Individuals and Households Branch team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
In this position, you will be responsible for the deployment of FEMA inspectors to disaster sites for damaged housing inspections in support of Presidentially declared disasters. Typical assignments include:
- Assigning inspection requests to FEMA inspectors including initial, appeal, re-inspections, and Congressional inspections
- Providing residential damage inspection support and assistance to senior staff members in the administration of performance monitoring, quality control inspections and monitoring cooperative agreements
- Monitoring inspector activities and recommending actions when the inspector is not in compliance with Inspection Guidelines
- Overseeing inspection equipment maintenance, ordering equipment, and assisting with troubleshooting equipment
- Evaluating the impact of new housing inspection program policies and procedures on current housing inspection processes and determining measures of effectiveness in the areas of quality control
- Reviewing completed inspections for accuracy and completeness; tracking accuracy of work completed and recording trends used to evaluate field inspectors performance
50% or less - While work is normally performed in an office setting, disaster events may require travel to Disaster Field Offices, FEMA Headquarters, or other locations on short notice.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479095200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.