This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Silver Spring, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZP-05 is equivalent to the GS-15.
The full performance level for this position is ZP-05.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-2017-0015, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
*A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
*Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
*This position is not in the bargaining unit.
* This position requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Form, SF 450.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC), ZP-2210-05 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Manage teams responsible for operating complex IT computer and network services for the National Ocean Services headquarters and program offices.
- Conduct information technology requirement analyses, produce cost-effective recommendations and alternatives, and manage IT projects and teams through to completion.
- Serve as liaison with NOAA and NOS program offices, ensuring that NOS/IMO IT systems, procedures, and practices are consistent with DOC, NOAA/NOS policy.
- Manage complex IT computer and network services including configuration management, hosting, network operations, security operations, storage, cloud, and identity and access management of the National Ocean Service.
- Lead the planning, design, and implementation of secure IT networks and user training, support cyber security audit findings remediation, and ensure the continued integrity, availability and confidentiality of this network and all IT operations, including Continuity of operations Disaster Recovery.
Occasional travel - Approximately 5% of Travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479044900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.