This position is located in the National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The employee has primary responsibility for implementing established programs and interaction with children under 12 years of age and their families.Learn more about this agency
- Presents and supports established educational programs to children 0 – 12 years, school groups, and families in the imagiNATIONS Activity Center including collaboration and implementation of age appropriate and inquiry-based educational programs.
- Facilitates programs with dialog on topics that are by and about Native cultures of the Western Hemisphere, American Indians and Alaskan Natives. These programs include, but not limited to, storytelling activities; educational craft workshops, and presentations with a focus on Native communities and programs for school classes in the imagiNATIONS Activity Center.
- Mediates the experiences for visitors in the imagiNATIONS Activity Center by interacting—primarily with children 0 to 12 years of age—thru facilitation of interactive areas, helping visitors to use interactive stations and explore handling collections and discovery boxes, and providing additional resources to answer visitor queries.
- Assists with the maintenance of the inventory and collections of the Activity Center by observing IAC procedures for crowd control, visitors’ use of books, and handling collections, etc. The work includes proper care and maintenance of the objects and shelving/storage, assisting in developing the Activity Center collections, and working closely with the floor lead and center coordinator to maintain the operations of the interactive components of the Activity Center including working with exhibitions, IT, education, facilities, and other stakeholders.
- Responds to the visitor questions, resolves the visitor problems, or de-escalates more serious issues in the entrance line, on the floor, or anywhere within the activity center or museum public spaces.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #17R-JC-303088-MPA-NMAI.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479039600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.