Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is with the 88th Regional Support Command (RSC), Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 10, located in Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
The duties of this position include:
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties associated with the maintenance and supply of equipment for a maintenance activity of a US Army Reserve Command.
- Assure equipment maintenance requirements are accomplished in accordance with The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS).
- Receive work requests; schedule work; prepare the shop production control schedule; monitor work progress; prepare production control reports; and notify units regarding production delays and expected completion dates.
- Responsible for requisitioning, receiving, issuing and maintaining the accountability of supplies.
- Conduct inventories; assist in updating property book records; requisition for supplies; inspect incoming shipments; and report discrepancies.
- Expected to receive mail and correspondence, maintain administrative reports, and conduct training for supported units regarding maintenance and supply procedures.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479019700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.