About the Position:
The Department of the Army offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes comprehensive health and life insurance; generous retirement program; long-term care insurance; paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time; flexible work environment. This position is located at the Directorate of Emergency Services (DES)-Provost Marshal Office (PMO), located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
You will serve as Security Guard and perform the following duties:
· Perform access control and patrol duties on a military installation
· Perform security guard duties in accordance with appropriate regulations to detect and prevent theft, damage, accident, trespass, sabotage and espionage and to enforce the security regulations of the installation
· Verify identification through use of identification cards, badges, automated records, vehicle decals, verbal questioning, and other means
· Maintain radio logs and prepare and submit daily blotter reports
· Admit persons, deny entry or arrange for escorts, as appropriate.
· Conduct vehicle searches/inspections (to include cargo areas, engine compartments and undercarriages), in accordance with standing operating procedures
· Confiscate unauthorized items in accordance with security guard regulations
· Patrol the building to investigate alarms, complaints, irregularities, and unusual or suspicious circumstances
· Patrol the premises for unusual of suspicious activity
Maintain and evaluate traffic and pedestrians during emergency and accident situations according to security guard standing operating procedures.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478993400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.