The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Air National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
AREA 4: JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Only current military members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered.
Position Title: Aircraft Electrician
Position Series/Grade: WG-2892-10
Position Description #: D1369000
PAS #: FMSS
FAC #: 23D100
Position #: 29085
Location: 153rd Maintenance Squadron, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under or those over-grade, without a written demotion statement of understanding, will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located within a National Guard aircraft maintenance organization. Its primary purpose is to analyze malfunctions, troubleshoot, repair, install, maintain, test, inspect, and modify the electrical / environmental systems and other systems on- and/or off-aircraft.
As a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, WG-2892-10, you will:
(1) Perform maintenance, inspect, modify, test, service, troubleshoot, isolate malfunctions, and repair the aircraft electrical/environmental systems and other aircraft systems.
(2) Provide technical advice and troubleshooting expertise to other work centers as needed when electrical or environmental systems affect the aircraft systems such as radar, weapons release, navigation, communication, instruments, flight controls, pneudraulics, fuel or other systems / subsystems.
(3) Provide on-the-job training to lower graded personnel or to newly assigned personnel regardless of grade.
(4) Requisition, process, and account for supply assets as required by the repairable processing system.
(5) Comply with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations and ensure that material and equipment are properly stored, protected, maintained and secured.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478978000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.