This National Guard position is for a FUEL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM WORKER, Position Description Number D1416000and is part of 155 LRS, Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1: Current permanent and indefinite technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 3: Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 4: All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska National Air or Army National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
As a FUEL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM WORKER, WG-5413-8, duties include:
(1) Operates and maintains a complete fuels distribution system(s) to receive, store, transfer and issue both aviation and ground fuels. Performs operator maintenance such as cleaning and changing strainers, draining water from lines or tanks and lubricating valves and pumps. Reports more extensive repairs to the responsible activity. Receives and transfers fuel by coupling and uncoupling hoses, closing and opening valves, starting and stopping pumps, monitoring gauges, meters and filter separators. Initiates emergency procedures as necessary.
(2) Operates one or more types of special purpose aviation and ground fuel tank vehicles having a capacity of up to 6,000 gallons and gross weight of 70,000 pounds, that are used for fueling/defueling various types of aircraft and ground fuels applications such as AGR, power production, heating and engine test cells. Transports fuel from the bulk storage area to the flightline issue point. Positions the vehicle for the refueling/defueling task as required. Monitors vehicle mounted main control panel, gauges, meters and instruments. Operates deadman control safety system as required, coordinates with personnel at the aircraft or receiving point. Exercises safety precautions during fueling/defueling operations. Performs operator maintenance and safety checks to ensure that refueling equipment is safe and operational.
(3) Performs required fuel quality control testing in fuels laboratory. Operates precision measurement equipment to measure effectiveness of mechanical, hydrant and mobile refueling facilities and vehicles. Determines Fuel System Icing Inhibitor (FSII), conductivity additive, American Petroleum Institute (API) gravity, color, particulate, filtration time, fiber, sulfide, total solids, odor and microscopic analysis. Samples fuel systems and dispensing equipment at required intervals for existence of water by Aeronautical Engine Laboratory (AEL) methods and sediment by Particle Assessment Guide (PAG) method. Prepares samples for shipment to area laboratories.
(4) Performs all accounting transactions pertaining to requisitioning, procuring, scheduling, ordering, reporting and document preparation for aviation fuels, ground fuels and missile propellant transactions in the automated fuels data system.
(5) Plans, monitors and conducts On-The-Job Training (OJT) for assigned drill status guardsmen and maintains required records.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478964000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.