This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT), Position Description Number D1043000and is part of theMI HRO, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT), GS-0201-9
This position is located in a state Human Resources Office that has responsibility for servicing both Army and Air National Guard full-time personnel. The purpose of the position is to provide Human Resource Development services, including planning and evaluating programs designed to develop employees and manage learning, to Army and Air National Guard Technicians within the state. Ensures program is in compliance with National Guard Bureau, Department of Defense (DoD), Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidelines, policies, regulations and statutory requirements. Accomplishes work through the use of a variety of automated systems and programs.
1. Provides advice and assistance to technicians, supervisors, and managers on identifying training needs, training opportunities, and sources of needed training.
2. Conducts surveys of training needs, analyzes the information obtained, and submits recommendations.
3. Provides advice on technician training issues related to program requirements to successfully accomplish the state National Guard mission.
4. Assists other units in planning and conducting in-house training and ensures proper training documentation is utilized for technician training credit.
5. Performs other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478952700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.