This National Guard position is for a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT, Position Description Number D1228000and is part of theMI CSMS, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT, WG-6904-6
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The primary purpose of this position is to determine, identify, and select for issue, items described by users in terms of their intended usage; recommending possible substitutes and interchangeable items; determining work sequences, methods, procedures, and techniques for setting up and shifting storage locations; and determining when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for test, repair, or calibration.
(1) Identifies user's tools, parts, equipment, and requirements and requisitions stock as needed.
(2) Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records maintained in the tools and parts room.
(3) Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks, taking measurements with such devices as calipers, and receiving reports from users on the nature and extent of damage to tools and equipment.
(4) Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies and other material within funding limitations.
(5) Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling.
(6) Searches for identifying or management data on items of supply.
(7) Edits supply transactions, or provides customer service for urgent critical shortage items and other items requiring special handling when established procedures are not applicable.
(8) May assist a Surface Maintenance Mechanic by performing the less complex and more routine helper type duties.
(9) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478950800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.