When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate will have experience working with FEMA Regional Offices, the National Flood Insurance Program, drafting and editing communications materials for senior leaders, and managing engagements/relationships with Federal, State, Local, and Tribal stakeholder groups. This position starts at a salary of $94,796 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Emergency Management Specialist. Typical assignments include:
- Analyzing and resolving complex issues related to the conceptualization and development of policies, plans, and programs for the Office.
- Serving as a primary liaison between the Office and the Regions and also with other organizational elements within the Agency.
- Preparing speaking points and visual presentations for high level meetings and reviewing presentations prepared by other staff members for use by Federal Insurance Mitigation Administration (FIMA).
- Serving as a technical advisor in the Integration Office to enhance the operational capability in support of FEMA Regions.
- Developing and implementing communications and engagement strategies for FIMA.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required 15%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478872900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.