The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) of the Department of Homeland Security is seeking a limited number of applicants for temporary, full time jobs in Denton, Texas. All candidates should possess strong computer, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Eighteen years of age and US Citizenship required. Selected candidates will be required to complete a background investigation which includes fingerprinting. FEMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salaries are comparable to local pay rates.Learn more about this agency
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
In this position, you will serve as a call center Customer Representative; as such completes the initial disaster assistance registration procedure: processes a variety of claims or requests for disaster assistance; and/or provides various types of information regarding available programs to people applying for disaster assistance by telephone after a Presidentially-declared disaster.
Typical work assignments include:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for persons inquiring about disaster assistance by telephone. Conducts telephone interviews with disaster survivors who have been affected by a declared disaster.
- Assists applicants by telephone and in person, determines applicant needs, and provides instructions and referrals to appropriate disaster programs, community resources, and other Federal agencies, as appropriate.
- Provides information and explanations of Housing Assistance, Other Needs Assistance Grant, and other programs to applicants.
- Conducts verification activities to determine eligibility of applicants for disaster assistance through direct contact with applicants, in order to gather and disseminate information.
- Processes applicant cases, re-certifications, audits, and recoups and lodging reimbursement from disaster assistance applicants.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens - must reside within 50 miles of Denton, TX.
This announcement will close at 11:59 pm EST on September 22, 2017 OR at 11:59pm EST on the day the 1000th application is received, whichever comes first.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478757300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.