EOUSA is seeking to hire an Attorney Advisor to support its Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) office. The FOIA/PA office is fast paced and is responsible for providing legal guidance on FOIA and the Privacy Act to other EOUSA components and the 94 United States Attorneys' Offices (USAOs). The FOIA/PA Office also processes all FOIA requests for records maintained by EOUSA and in the USAOs. In addition, FOIA/PA attorneys represents the USAOs/EOUSA in administrative FOIA appeals and serve as agency counsel to Assistant United States Attorneys and Department of Justice attorneys in FOIA/PA litigation in Federal District Court.
The individual selected can expect a challenging and demanding environment. If selected for the position, the individual will work on complex FOIA/PA issues and will be working alongside senior management officials within EOUSA and throughout the Depart of Justice.
The office is ideally situated among three Metro stations, one block from the Verizon Center, a short walk to the Smithsonian museums on the National Mall, and is surrounded by numerous restaurants and shops. In addition, we offer creative work solutions in which we provide compressed work schedules and flexible work schedules, along with transit subsidy.
Additional positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.Learn more about this agency
If selected for this position you will serve as an Attorney Advisor for the EOUSA FOIA/PA Office. The primary purpose of the position is to provide a wide range of legal advisory services with respect to FOIA matters for the Assistant Director, FOIA/PA staff, management and staff of EOUSA, the United States Attorneys and their staff. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Serving as an Attorney-Advisor, with responsibility for providing guidance on the legal and policy requirements pertaining to the release of information and ensuring FOIA requests are handled in accordance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and applicable DOJ policies.
· Providing the Assistant Director, FOIA/PA with recommended courses of action and the impact of actions for FOIA/PA issues.
· Identifying researches, and analyzes recent FOIA case laws that will impact the review of future FOIA requests.
· Providing a variety of ancillary support services connected with the over all programs of the FOIA/PA staff.
· Develop course material and conducts training lectures for attorneys and staff of EOUSA and the USAOs at the National Advocacy Center (NAC) and the USAOs throughout the country related to electronic case filing.
Occasional travel - Travel for training and conferences
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478745100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.