This announcement was amended to reflect the correct salary range.
About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Protocol Office on the Presidio of Monterey. The Protocol Office is the designated office for coordinating all military, civilian, US national and foreign visitors to the Defense Foreign Language Institute and Presidio of Monterey Garrison. The office provides support and protocol services to official visitors, liaises with the major staff agencies, military commands and civic organizations, arranges command sponsored functions and advises on matters of visitor support and protocol. The Protocol Officer has specific responsibilities for formulating, coordinating, executing and supervising the functions of the Protocol Office and serves as principal advisor on all matters pertaining to protocol.
- Coordinates visits to ensure proper courtesies and honors are afforded visiting dignitaries.
- Establishes policies and procedures for visits to ensure command objectives are fulfilled.
- Monitors event activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinates logistical support for transfer of guests to and from official functions.
- Exercises tact and professionalism when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Represents the Commandant at social and official events.
- Liaises with embassies and Federal agencies.
- Maintains files and records of expenditures.
- Supervises two civilian employees.
Occasional travel - Travel to off-post locations may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478717200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.