The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) of the Department of Homeland Security is seeking a limited number of applicants for temporary, full time jobs in Austin, TX . All candidates should possess strong computer, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable and a high performance workforce. Selected candidates will be required to complete a background investigation which includes finger printing. Salaries are comparable to local pay rates.Learn more about this agency
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
In this position, you will serve as a Courier and will be responsible for transporting supplies and equipment to and from incident facilities. Typical assignments in this position include:
- Properly dispatching supplies from their point of origin to their final destination.
- Sorting appropriate items for delivery to supply points and end users.
- Operating government owned vehicles to include large (non-commercial) vehicles such as Vans, Box Trucks and/or SUVs.
- Performing logistical support duties such as reorganizing office furniture, minor facility upkeep and inventory management.
- Using knowledge of the local area and have an acceptable driving history.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens - must reside within 50 miles of Austin, TX.
This announcement will close at 11:59 pm EST on September 11, 2017.
Resumes will be reviewed daily for consideration. Please ensure that the resume you submit upon application is the one you would like reviewed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478666400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.