The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist (Military)
Position Series/Grade: GS-0201-09
Position Description #: D1105000
Line #: 750
Location: Deputy Chief of Staff Personnel (DCSPER), Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Military Personnel Office (MILPO) of the Army National Guard (ARNG). The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and guidance for all military personnel assigned in the state, and oversee the functions of one of the following human resource programs: Officer Personnel Management (OPM), Enlisted Personnel Management (EPM), Standard Installation and Division Personnel System (SIDPERS), or the Personnel Services Section.
As a HR SPEC (MILITARY), GS-0201-9, you will:
(1) Serve as an advisor to commanders on assigned unit human resources (HR) program. Interpret policy and provide procedural guidance to commanders, supervisors, staff members and individual military members.
(2) Responsible for and oversee the direction of the EPM or OPM program and function as the technical expert. Determine the methods and procedures for conducting military career guidance and counseling to ensure officer or enlisted personnel have an optimal and established career pattern.
(3) Responsible for and oversees the direction of the SIDPERS program and functions as the technical expert. Responsible for and ensures the timely and accurate processing of submitted military personnel actions.
(4) Responsible for and oversee the direction of the Personnel Services Section and functions as the technical expert. Oversee the performance of document handling, records maintenance, and the personnel electronic records management system (PERMS).
(5) Accomplish and oversee the accomplishment of technical support work in the program area assigned with the assistance of subordinate employees which may be Active Guard Reserve (AGR), full-time Technician, or civilian.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478547400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.