This National Guard position is for a INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D2138000and is part of the MI Alpena CRTC, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST, GS-0080-12
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Wing Chief of Information Protection at Air National Guard installations. Administers the Information Protection (IP) Program to include protection from espionage, terrorism, and threats of unauthorized disclosure and/or compromise of information or material considered vital to wing and command mission interests, national defense or national security.
(1) Serves as the Wing Information Protection Program Manager executing/enforcing all operational, functional, and mission assurance aspects of the program.
(2) Makes information protection risk assessments and risk management/mitigation strategies/recommendations based on intelligence-derived threat issues that may require deviations from or synthesis of policies.
(3) Delivers, Security Awareness and Education Programs to satisfy security education and training requirements for all assigned organizations.
(4) Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478211200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.