The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA 6: NATIONWIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Open to current military members of the US Air Force, US Air Force Reserves or Air National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Air National Guard.
Position Title: Motor Vehicle Operator
Position Series/Grade: WG-5703-08
Position Description #: D1961000
PAS #: F2HB
FAC #: 42A100
Technician Position #: 0078299834
Military Position #: 0991614
Location: 153rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade to E6/TSgt if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under or those over-grade, without a written demotion statement of understanding, will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Distribution Section of the Deployment and Distribution Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties relating to materiel distribution activities, including organic ground transportation for cargo and personnel.
As a MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR, WG-5703-8, you will:
(1) Receive, in-check, route, and move parts, assemblies, components, and on-base turn-ins into and out of industrial shops. Examine items received to verify part numbers, identities, correct quantities, condition, and destination.
(2) Interpret packing manuals and specifications and determine containers, protective devices, cushioning materials, methods, and techniques needed for packing a variety of tools, parts, equipment, and other items, taking into consideration such factors as size, type, weight, fragility, hazardous materials, transportation mode, and destination of items.
(3) Construct containers such as crates, boxes, cases and skids for use in shipment of items, utilizing Special Packaging Instructions (SPIs) when available to determine proper support requirements for items being prepared for shipment.
(4) Determine proper identification, marking, labeling, and inclusion of shipping documents and special handling instructions on all shipments.
(5) Assist the Distribution Manager as required in actions such as determining freight shipping requirements consistent with efficiency and transportation priorities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Air Force, Reserves or Air Nat'l Guard as of the closing date will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477948300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.