The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must be presently employed Wyoming Air National Guard military technicians or an indefinite technician who competed for their positions in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 2: In-Service Dual Status Technician - Merit Promotion: Only presently employed Wyoming Air National Guard military technicians and indefinite military technicians who competed for their positions will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Supervisory Production Controller (Aircraft)
Position Series/Grade: GS-1152-11
Position Description #: D1398000
Technician Position #: 0085708634
Military Position #: 009671381L
PAS Code: FN2N
Location: 153rd Maintenance Group
Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is advertised in conjunction with AGR JVA #17-A352.
This position is located within a National Guard flying unit. Its purpose is to supervise and manage logistics staff functions consisting of the Maintenance Operations Center (MOC); Plans, Scheduling and Documentation (PS&D); Engine Management; Maintenance Training; Depot Level Repairables (DLR); Programs and Mobility; and Production Analysis/Data Base Management.
As a SUPERVISORY PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AIRCRAFT), GS-1152-11, you will:
(1) Coordinate and ensure timely development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly maintenance plans, flying schedules, and documentation of historical data.
(2) Supervise and direct utilization of branch personnel. Establish work priorities; oversee work in progress to ensure compliance with established policies and directives; ensure supply discipline, radio discipline and proper care of assigned equipment and facilities; within area of responsibility.
(3) Review and coordinate requests for cannibalization and local manufacture of material. Authorize utilization of Readiness Spares Kit (RSP) assets.
(4) Interact with maintenance activities and the training management function to establish a maintenance training program that ensures all personnel are qualified for their jobs, and that a balance of skills is maintained within the maintenance complex.
(5) Allocate, assign, and replace vehicles within the maintenance complex according to need. Coordinate with the user and transportation function.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only applicants that are currently employed as a Wyoming Air National Guard permanent technician or an indefinite technician will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477821400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.