DFAS' (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.Learn more about this agency
Vacancy Information: I&T Directorate; I&T Shared Services; Technical Support; Database Management
Salary range represents the lowest GS-13 pay for Indianapolis, IN and the highest GS-13 pay for Bratenahl, OH. For the total salary including locality pay for specific locations, go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/#url=2017
The General Schedule (GS) basic pay schedule may vary by geographic locality. To view pay rates in a specific location visit the Office of Personnel Management pay tables at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/#url=2017
- Maintains, monitors, performance tunes, and provides backup and recovery support of databases using Oracle Database Administrator experience.
- Provides data management and technical support to other information technology specialists in support of a major automated information system.
- Ensures application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
- Analyzes and plans for anticipated changes in data capacity and performance requirements.
- Installs, configures, and maintains large database management systems software.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477803300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.