About the Position: Located in the scenic Hudson River Valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. The undergraduates, known as cadets, are commissioned as officers in the U.S. Army upon graduation. You can watch them on parade or competing as intercollegiate athletes in a wide range of sporting events. As a military installation, West Point is a small, self-contained city with housing for the military stationed here in support of the Academy, a Department of Public Works to maintain the roads, grounds and facilities, an academic library, a military hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premiere performing arts center, and two recreational facilities and an 18-hole golf course and ski slope.
Who May Apply:
All U.S. Citizens.Learn more about this agency
DUTIES: As the Musical Activities Director, some of the duties you will perform include but are not limited to:
- Direct musical activities for religious services, funerals, weddings, and special events.
- Select, compose, or arrange music for Mass/Worship services in coordination with the Catholic Chaplain "Pastor".
- Perform public and private recitals.
- Manage Cadet, Adult, and Youth Choirs and Handbell Choirs, including special trips, and radio/television broadcasts.
- Audition community and congregation members for vocal performances, choirs or instrumental groups, cantors and leaders of song.
- Oversee volunteer choir leaders and assistants.
- Select music and rehearse choirs and cantors.
- Oversee the maintenance of organs, pianos, and other instruments, and provide advice to acousticians, sound engineers, organ designers and manufacturers, and personnel performing chapel maintenance which would affect the music program or instruments.
- Provide private tours occasionally for special dignitaries or groups of Cadet Chapel, providing a history of the chapel, organ, and cadet choirs.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477784000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.