Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This is an acquisition demonstration project position, NH-1910-03, equivalent to the GS-12/GS-13.
This position is located at 411th CSB, Camp Humphreys in the Pyongtaek metropolitan areas in the Republic of Korea.
Camp Humphreys is an hour and a half drive south of Seoul, 40 minutes south of Osan Air Base, and 15 minutes from the
city of Pyongtaek. Camp Humphreys is not far from night life, restaurants, and shopping. The Humphreys
Exchange and Commissary, Food Court and Restaurants offer typical American amenities. Many US employees
generally choose to live in town right outside the gate, in the City of Pyongtaek, or in the area surrounding Osan Air
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Serves as Supervisor Quality Assurance Specialist to a team of Quality Assurance Specialists assigned to the Expeditionary Contracting Command.
- Performs assignment and assists, guides and coaches lower graded specialists in conducting all facets of the Contracting Support Brigades Quality Assurance and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) Programs.
- Conducts special investigations, audits or fact finding projects on hard-to-solve issues; e.g. number of non conformances, identification of program weaknesses, and the prediction of major causes of non conformance.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets regulations, publications and directives pertaining to quality systems and technical work requirements.
- Develops or adjusts quality assurance and COR plans and inspection requirements, instructions, methods, techniques and procedures.
- Surveys and evaluates the overall activities quality assurance system or assists in development or improvement of various aspects of the system for current and/or long-range requirements.
- As a senior quality representative, provides quality assurance and COR advice and assistance on process reviews and systems control to local management officials as well as higher commands and other services.
- Develops or improves Quality Assurance Plan/COR Management Plan and provides guidance in problem situations which arise because of controversial opinions, obsolete guidance, or lack of guidance.
- Execute the full range of human resources (including performance management as outlined in DoD 1400.25-M, SC1922.214.171.124.) and fiscal responsibilities within established timelines and in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Maintain a safe work environment and promptly address allegations of noncompliance.
- Ensure EEO/EO principles are adhered to throughout the organization.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of Temporary Duty Travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal employees, Veterans, Military Spouse Preferences and Overseas Family Member Preferences
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477718800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.