The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Air National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
AREA 5: INDEFINITE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Only current military members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered.
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist
Position Series/Grade: GS-0201-09
Position Description #: D1040000
PAS #: FMSM
FAC #: 110000
Technician Position #: 0105703334
Military Position #: 00707136334
Location: Human Resources Office (HRO) Cheyenne WY
Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in a state Human Resources Office (HRO) that has responsibility for servicing both Army and Air National Guard full-time personnel. The purpose of the position is to provide support for recruitment and placement, military technician compatibility, permanent change of station moves, pay setting, recruitment and retention allowances, and reduction-in-force. Accomplishes work through the use of a variety of automated personnel systems and programs.
As a HR SPEC (R&P), GS-0201-9, you will:
(1) Provides advice and support to managers, supervisors, and the Human Resources Officer on recruitment and placement matters for a variety of professional, administrative, technical and clerical occupations GS-09 and below and for wage grade occupations WG-10 and below.
(2) Assists in planning and administering the merit promotion and recruitment/placement program.
Identifies appropriate qualification standard to be applied, validates hire authority, develops position announcements, locates position applicants, develops candidate evaluation criteria and evaluates candidate eligibility, and refers qualified candidates for selection consideration. Reviews and verifies information on requests for vacancy announcements to assure correctness.
(3) Ensure required selection documentation and information contained thereon is correct including military compatibility; checks medical certificates and reports from references; checks security requirements; initiates select/non-select letters, etc.
(4) Interpret and apply State pay setting tools such as highest previous rate rule and recruiting and retention incentives. Sets rates of pay for General Schedule (GS) and Federal Wage System (FWS) technicians for appointments, transfers, promotions, changes to lower grade, and changes between GS and FWS pay systems.
(5) Provide advice on military technician compatibility issues and delegated personnel authorities. Provide guidance to supervisors, managers and military commanders on assignment of technicians to compatible military assignments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Air Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477693800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.