Position is being advertised concurrently under vacancy announcement BR-GP-NK-17-107, for current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; CTAP/ICTAP eligibles; Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA); Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA); 30% or More Disabled Veterans; Military Spouses under Executive Order 13473; Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A); and eligible Peace Corps or AmeriCorps volunteers. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.Learn more about this agency
Reclamation is seeking career professionals looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Natural Resource Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Nebraska-Kansas Area Office, Programs Management Division, McCook, Nebraska.
For living conditions go to: https://www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Serves as a lead for Environmental Compliance, responsible for preparing and reviewing environmental documents (i.e. Categorical Exclusion Checklist (CEC), Environmental Assessments (EA), and Findings of No Significant Impact (FONSI) statements.
- Develops or reviews plans of study, work statements, cost estimates, and schedules for the preparation of environmental documents; assembles, coordinates, and/or oversees interdisciplinary teams to prepare and process environmental documents.
- Technical expert and provides program coordinator and administration for Resource Management, Hazardous Waste Management, Title 28, Integrated Pest Management, and related natural resource programs.
- Prepares, administers, reviews, and negotiates agreements, and memorandums of understanding related to the management and development of wildlife habitat and wetland mitigation, recreation, agricultural uses, and other special uses of lands and resources.
- Serves as the Contracting Officer's Representative for grants and contracts pertaining to the preparation of environmental documents.
Occasional travel - Travel of up to 1-3 nights per month may be required for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens and Nationals and current Federal employees serving under an excepted service appointment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477644900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.