The National Defense University (NDU) is the premier center for Joint Professional Military Education (JMPE) and is the direction of the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff. The University's main campus is on Fort Lesley J. McNair in Washington, D.C. The Joint Forces Staff College is located in Norfolk, VA.Learn more about this agency
The National Defense University educates military and civilian leaders through teaching, research, and outreach in national security strategy, national military strategy, and national resource strategy; joint and multinational operations; information strategies, operations, and resource management; acquisition; and regional defense and security studies. NDU is an information age university for national security leaders; a learning organization founded on knowledge management; the center of excellence and innovation for professional military education in joint, multinational, and interagency operations. National Defense University has five colleges (National War College, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Information Resources Management College, Joint Forces Staff College and College of International Security Affairs), three regional centers, three research centers, two institutes, seven special programs and a world-class library. NDU is fully accredited to award a Masters Degree from the Middle States Association and is considered the nation's premier Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) University.
The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position.
- Provides physical processing and cataloging for incoming library materials in all formats according to established procedures and policies.
- Creates and maintains records using the Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Provides customer service and helps patrons with library resources by answering directional/ informational questions.
- Performs author-title and subject searches in the integrated library system and the online catalog.
- Performs simple, ready reference and reader assistance service utilizing basic reference tools; directing customers to general subject areas.
- Maintains the order and appearance of library holdings insuring the proper location of holdings to assist in effective patron research
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477543000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.