WHAT DOES A LEAD TAX EXAMINING TECHNICIAN DO? As a Lead Tax Examining Technician, you will serve as the work leader for a team of tax examiners. In this role, you will carry out a full range of administrative and technical assistance. This work involves a diversity of issues related to a wide range of tax processing regulatory requirements and procedures administered by the Internal Revenue Service. As a lead, you will provide training, quality review and be an instructor or on-the-job instructor. In this position, you will lead and/or participate in team discussions, provide a positive environment and use sound judgment in resolving work issues.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I)DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
**This is a roster announcement open continuously and allows applicants to apply up to the last cut off date listed in the announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting approximately 3 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster open period of 08/21/2017 to 06/24/2018 – selections may be made through 09/24/2018. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster. Applicants need to apply and be eligible by 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered: 9/1/2017, 12/24/2017, 03/24/2018 and 06/24/2018. Applicants may also update their applications by the cut off dates listed.**
Positions are located in W&I, Accounts Management at 2262 Wall Ave, Ogden UT.
As a Lead Tax Examining Technician, you will:
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization and maintain your own assigned inventory.
- Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives to provide employees both classroom and OJT instructions.
- Resolve simple informal complaints.
- Complete unit quality reviews, provide reports on performance, progress and training needs of employees.
- Make suggestions concerning personnel actions and recognition of outstanding performance. Provide feedback to the manager regarding employee performance when standards are not met.
- Perform administrative duties in the absence of the manager.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477461900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.