The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA 6: NATIONWIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Open to current military members of the US Air Force, US Air Force Reserves or Air National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Air National Guard.
Position Title: Powered Support Systems Mechanic
Position Series/Grade: WG-5378-08/10
Position Description #: D0324000
PAS #: FMSS
FAC #: 23F100
Position #1: 0085711134
Position #2: 0085711434
Location: 153rd Maintenance Squadron, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position.
Applicants' under or those over-grade, without a written demotion statement of understanding, will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: go.usa.gov/cfJfG
This position is located in the Aerospace Ground Equipment Section at ANG Flying Activities and mission support units. The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish maintenance on electronically controlled powered support equipment containing highly complex digital devices and integrated circuits.
As a POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC, WG-5378-8/10, you will:
(1) Be responsible for the accurate interpretation of numerous manufacturer drawings, specifications, operating instructions, and test procedures, to troubleshoot, calibrate, align and repair a variety of highly complex pieces of powered support equipment.
(2) Perform inspections, preventive maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustments on complex rotary diesel engines.
(3) Independently determine work sequences, specifications, and special procedures to be used to fault-isolate and repair unusual problems in various pieces of powered support equipment.
(4) Perform intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and non-powered AGE. This includes working on cryogenic equipment, engine and generator changes, removing, repairing, and overhauling of accessories, and rebuilding of units. Engine rebuilding such as removal and replacement of crankshafts, pistons, and other integral parts.
(5) Troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, modify and operate aerospace ground equipment such as AC and DC power generators, various types of internal combustion engines, air compressors, blowers, hydraulic test stands, cabin leakage testers, portable diesel engine driven generators, emergency lighting units, de-icers, heaters, load banks, hydrostatic testers, cryogenic carts, decontamination units, thermal bath, vacuum pumps, flow meters, lavatory service trailers, air conditioners and various pieces of non-powered AGE.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the US Air Force, Air Force Reserves or Air National Guard as of the closing date will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477366800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.