The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Supervisory Facility Operations Specialist
Position Series/Grade: GS-1640-12
Position Description #: D1123000
Line #: 205
Location: Construction and Facilities Management Office
Min: E8/MSG Max: E9/SGM
Min: WO1 Max: CW4
Min: O1/2LT Max: O5/LTC
Applicants' under-grade of what is listed will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in ARNG Construction and Facilities Management Office (CFMO), Facilities Management Branch. The primary purpose of this position is to program, manage, schedule and direct the operations, maintenance and repair, rehabilitation and improvements to ARNG facilities in a geographically separated area. Additionally, this position administers the state NGB energy management program. Supervises the work of the function. Supervisory duties require a minimum of 25% of the incumbent's time.
b. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Manage funds to support the maintenance and repair program. Identify requirements, and develop and recommend operating budgets for maintenance, repair, and operations and maintenance minor construction programs.
(2) Receive, investigate, and verify installation maintenance requests to determine propriety and approves all requests for maintenance and repair. Provide policy guidance in development of program documents and informational data to support the long range maintenance program and the total construction program, which includes the development of program scope documents.
(3) Develop, provide guidance, and manage real property operations in all military department facilities. Oversee the development of maintenance methods, standards and techniques. Develop, implements and oversees the management of preventive maintenance programs to ensure life expectancy of operational facilities.
(4) Manage and direct the preparation of architectural and engineering drawings covering a broad range of maintenance modifications for existing ARNG facilities. Assist in the review of architect and engineer design and space criteria for economical utilization of facilities and equipment.
(5) Manage and direct fire prevention and protection activities. Serve as facilities fire marshal. Coordinate with Federal, state, and local government agencies on matters concerning fire prevention, protection and suppression. Coordinate major facility maintenance and construction projects with the safety and occupational health office to ensure all safety factors are considered. Oversee routine inspections of existing facilities to ensure compliance with the Occupational, Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and contract specifications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477099500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.