This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, Position Description Number D1193000and is part of the MI UTES, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SURFACE MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, WG-5801-8
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs, and maintenance on combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment. May assist higher graded mechanics in the performance of maintenance duties.
(1) Performs limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
(2) Performs limited diagnoses to determine the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses basic test equipment such as compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges.
(3) Removes, replaces, adjusts, cleans and installs parts and components such as wheel seals, switches, sensors, fuel pumps, water pumps, power steering pumps, brakes, filters, radiators, bearings, springs, shock absorbers, wheel cylinders, starter motors, mufflers, battery cables, and other items of similar complexity.
(4) Independently performs routine repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems using standard parts.
(5) Conducts limited readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
(6) May perform routine maintenance and limited repairs on basic communication equipment such as radios, field telephones, amplifiers, switchboards, recorders, intercoms by removing and replacing components and elements.
(7) In conjunction with or in the absence of the Tools and Parts Attendant, may maintain supply documentation, and the receipt, store, issue, and inventory of tools and parts used in the trades operation.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477024000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.