This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0100000and is part of 155th MXS Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-10, duties include:
1. Performs all phases of the repair and reclamation process for crashed or damaged aircraft utilizing lifting bags, cranes, hoists, slings, forklifts, and other heavy equipment. Maintains and stores the special equipment identified and assigned to the crash recovery mission.
2. Serves on the flight control team and may coordinate team functions. Participates in flight crew debriefing, troubleshooting, repairing: and replacing components as required.
3. Advises on and participates in the removal. rigging, and replacement of flight control surfaces, portable huffet and lavatory units. Utilizes a wide variety of technical gauges, instruments and tools such as bead breakers, micrometers, dial indicators. pressure gauges, torque wrenches, tensiometers, weight and balance testers, and inside and outside calipers to test. overhaul, rig and install major airframe components.
4. Accomplishes organizational and intermediate level maintenance, which involves major repairs, TCTO's, and/or flight controls, landing years. doors and canopies and
associated equipment requiring structural or component maintenance beyond the capabilities of other activities.
5. Performs intermediate level maintenance on aircraft wheel and tires and may also accomplish organizational maintenance such as wheel and tire and brake changes.
When a supply point for build-up assets is established in the shop, will insure DIF+ assets processing and procedures are accomplished according to applicable directives.
6. Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations inspections, mobilization and command support exercises, and Operations Other Than War (OOTW). May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/ crash/rescue duty. security guard. snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heave equipment operator; maintenance of facilities and equipment. or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Ocassional travel for training and work related activites
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476949500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.