As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.Learn more about this agency
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day work accomplished within the section ensuring that agency policies and priorities are being followed.
- Develops performance standards and evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Identifies and provides training needs and finds ways to improve production or increase the quality of work within the area of authority.
- Responsible for providing recommendations to the Section Chief and other management officials in making long range policies concerning needs of the Biomedical Engineering and the Medical Equipment Management Program.
- Supporting a wide variety of diverse, complex, multi-disciplinary medical systems that contain one or more digital computers as system components throughout the Medical Center. These systems include, but are not limited to Radiographic Fluoroscopic Cardiac Catheterization Equipment, Digital Subtraction Angiography Devices, CT Scanners, Gamma Camera devices, digital and conventional radiographic/fluoroscopic devices, digital cystoscopic equipment, ultrasound systems, and picture archiving computer systems (PACS).
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating medical imaging equipment and systems listed above.
- Acts as the Contracting Office's Representative (COR) for assigned contracts.
- Serves in a back-up capacity for other Biomedical Engineering support specialist positions.
- Understand, interpret and apply standards such as Association for the Advancement of Medical Instruction (AAMI), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Joint Commission (JC).
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476904700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.