About the Position:
The Rivers Project Office is located in West Alton, Missouri on Highway 367. It is located approximately 20 miles from downtown St Louis. The West Alton area is home to the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary operated by the U.S. Corps of Engineers and the Confluence Point State Park that overlooks the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers. Across the Clark Bridge is the river city of Alton, Illinois and the Meeting of the Great Rivers Scenic Byway. West Alton's proximity to the National Great Rivers Museum and Melvin Price Locks and Dam make the area one of the best bald eagle viewing locations in the Middle Mississippi River Valley during the winter months.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Wildlife Biologist, you will:
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and execution of activities related to the following programs; environmental stewardship, shoreline management, forest resources, fisheries and wildlife, pest control and historic properties protection.
- Determine requirements for GIS database program. Responsible for accurate data entry
using various computers and GIS software.
- Assist with the project's environmental compliance program. Participate in the preparation
and review of resource management plans, environmental impact statements, and
- Plan and carry out investigations into wildlife habitat management program concerns.
Perform habitat field inventories, develop monitoring plans, and analyze data for inclusion in
- Develop and conduct wildlife surveys to determine demographic parameters, including
migratory waterfowl, threatened and endangered species, etc.
- Perform habitat field inventories, develop and implement habitat management plans for
various habitats such as bottomland forests, riparian corridors, backwater sloughs and
channels, river channels, marshes, wetlands, moist soils, and grasslands.
- Participate in the development of various planning documents including Master Plans,
Operational Management Plans, and Shoreline Management Plans for management of
natural resources and wildlife habitats.
- Enforces Title 36 CFR by educating the visiting public on project purposes, conditions, policies
Occasional travel - Business Travel up to 10% May Be Required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476355000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.