The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.Learn more about this agency
For DHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified post-secondary students and recent graduates directly into competitive service positions; these positions may be professional or administrative occupations and are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
*** The term "Current post-secondary student" mean a person who is currently enrolled in, and in good academic standing at a full-time program at an institution of higher education; and is make satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate or graduate degree; and has completed at least one year of the program.
*** The term "recent graduate" means a person who was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than two years before the date of the appointment of such person, except that in the case of a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniform service of more than four years.
For Direct Hire Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Perform professional general engineering work in support of conventional projects or portions of larger projects and programs under the guidance of a senior engineer. Monitor/manage projects and evaluate and recommend programs and develops plans for engineering requirements.
- Plan, design, construct, maintain structures and facilities that provide shelter, support transportation systems, and control natural resources; investigate, measure, survey and map the earth physical features and phenomena; and perform research and development activities on facilities including, but not limited to labs, airfield pavements, utility systems, base utility plants, aircraft maintenance shops/hangars, recreation facilities, administrative offices, and dormitories.
- Use computers/computer software such as information management programs, computer aided design and drafting (CADD) programs, and project tracking programs.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and professional developments to maintain current in the field and for application to work assignments. Use a wide range of engineering manuals, standard publications and technical material to obtain information.
- Review complex weapons and explosives safety test plans/programs and develop and issue procedures establishing professional and administrative weapons and explosives. Advise key commanders and managerial and executive personnel of courses of actions affecting weapons and explosives and facilities.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-11).
May have promotion potential above GS-11.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476098700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.