Become be a part of one of the largest digital information facilities in the world!Learn more about this agency
Established by Congress in 1861, GPO is transforming itself as an agency and as a business. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. The public will enjoy permanent access to digital government information, acquiring it quickly, easily, and with confidence in its authenticity. GPO employees are proud of their abilities and passionate about their craft. Whether your expertise is in putting ink on paper, commanding a digital output system, or engineering the delivery of information online, we would like to talk to you.
This position is part of the Library Services and Content Management, Government Publishing Office in Washington , District of Columbia .
The selectee will work shift 1 and a tour of duty from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
The Administrative Librarian of Database Integrity and Authority Control serves in the Library Technical Services (LTS), within Library Services and Content Management (LSCM) under the Superintendent of Documents. LTS is responsible for Federal government information product acquisition, classification, and cataloging efforts associated with the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) and the Cataloging and Indexing Program (C&I) as mandated by Sections 1710, 1711, and 4101 of Title 44 U.S.C.
LTS supports the mission of LSCM through the planning, creation, implementation, delivery, management and support of products, services, and systems that provide access to federal government publications and information products, such as the Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (CGP) and the MetaLib federated searching tool which provides single search functionality of the CGP and the Federal Digital System. These resources are used by LSCM staff, library customers in the FDLP, the library community at large, the public and commercial vendors and customers in the library and publishing communities.
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement.
As a Administrative Librarian (Database Integrity & Authority Control), your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Works with the Library Technical Service personnel to resolve issues related to the identification, classification and cataloging of Federal government publications for dissemination through the FDLP and the C&I Program.
- Performs professional duties related to database maintenance, bibliographic control and authority control in support of the FDLP and C&I Program.
- Applies expert knowledge of bibliographic and authority control in designing and implementing workflow improvement, standard operating procedures, and desk guides and instructions.
- Serves as an expert adviser to other subject matter experts on bibliographic and authority control processes and application of relevant standards and procedures, and provides training to LTS staff as needed.
- Works with Federal agencies and other GPO departments to assure that the necessary bibliographic information appears on each publication.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475945400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.