This National Guard position is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D1953000and is part of 155 LRS, Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
THE MANYEAR FOR THIS POSITION IS OBLIGATED TO A TECHNICIAN ON MILITARY DUTY. SELECTEE MAY BE DISPLACED UPON RETURN OF THE INCUMBENT OR SELECTEE MAY BE CONVERTED TO PERMANENT APPOINTMENT IF THE INCUMBENT DOES NOT REQUEST REEMPLOYMENT. INDEFINITE EMPLOYMENT IS TEMPORARY IN NATURE AND WILL LAST MORE THAN ONE YEAR BUT NO MORE THAN SIX YEARS. BENEFITS ARE THE SAME AS PERMANENT APPOINTMENT.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2, and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, GS-2005-5/6/7, duties include:
(1) Performs mission capability (MICAP) verification, reports and processes cannibalization actions. Establishes upgrade, downgrade, or cancels MICAP due-outs. Monitors status of items. processes local manufacture (LM) MICAPs and corrects discrepancies identified by the GLSC resulting from MICAP Enterprise Supply Solution (ESS) reconciliation.
(2) Establishes requirements for customer using automated systems and notifies customer of asset availability. Researches required information to perform item record loads. Processes issues, kills, and rejects management notices, status changes and cancelations.
(3) Processes Aircraft Document Review (ADR). Processes status inquiries and reconciles aircraft orders.
(4) Manages the DIFM listing, validates/updates DIFM listing with status by processing required transaction as necessary. Performs DIFM reconciliation with both maintenance and supply customers to ensure verification of current status and asset location. Updates DIFM monitor appointment letters. Processes DIFM turn-in (TIN) and turn-around (TRN).
(5) Manages the Supply Point program. Performs coordination with the customer service support element to ensure requisition objective is adequate. Also, prepares and processes Supply Point issues requests. Conducts physical reconciliation with the Supply Point monitor to verify detail balances, reconcile out of balance conditions as well as ensures all required transactions have been processed. Conducts Supply Point inventories, researches and reconciles discrepancies.
(6) Manages the AWP program. Completes required AWP checklist and processes necessary transaction to confirm status. Conducts AWP validation and coordinates with customer to determine status of AWP items. Initiates follow up with item manager for improved status as well as requests for disposition instructions for end item when AWP parts are not available. Sources for AWP lateral support. Joint coordination between the LRS and GLSC will be accomplished when reviewing the AWP Cross-Cannibalization management listing to determine possible AWP cross-reference cannibalization action.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2, and 3 applicants; Open until filled, first cutoff is 30 AUG 2017 with subsequent cutoffs every 7 days thereafter.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475800300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.