This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), National Water Center (NWC), Office of Weather Prediction (OWP) in Tuscaloosa, AL.Learn more about this agency
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-SR-2017-0059, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Physical Scientist, GS-1301-15 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Supervisory Physical Scientist, you will perform the following duties:
- Assess, advise, and report on the technological and economic feasibility of NWC programs, functions, and projects, assist the NWC Chief of Projects, Programs, and Portfolios in tracking project progress and specify corrective actions necessary to meet cost and schedule baselines.
- Conceive, evaluate, and develop new geospatial data, analytical methodologies and processes.
- Produce and maintain enterprise geospatial datasets, maps, atlases, graphics, documentation, and geo-intelligence.
- Supervise Division staff, manage relationships, resolve conflicts, and provide high-level planning and support for programs, functions, and projects within the NWC portfolio.
- Interact with diverse constituencies and establishes cooperative relationships with officials of federal, state, municipal entities or foreign governments, universities, and the equivalent in the private sector.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* Status Candidates - Current Federal employees with competitive status or Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Veterans under VEOA or 30% Disabled and certain Military Spouses;
* Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A);
* Peace Corps, Vista (AmeriCorps) eligibles;
* Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or other special appointing authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475543500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.