This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS) Office of Water Prediction in Tuscaloosa, AL.Learn more about this agency
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-SR-2017-0050, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Hydrologist, GS-1315-14 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Hydrologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Lead efforts to identify hydrology related program objectives, coordinate efforts to develop and implement those objectives, and transfer those technologies from a research to an operational environment.
- Provide direction for the integrated implementation and operational support for the highest levels of technology employed in the agency to support the movement toward more advanced hydrologic modeling systems and data analysis.
- Participate in procedure development, implementation, and maintenance activities for software including river forecast systems, extended streamflow prediction systems, and hydrometeorological automated data systems.
- Lead the collaboration and coordination of hydro-meteorological preparedness activities between Weather Forecast Office’s (WFOs); state, regional, and federal water management; and emergency management customers and partners.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* Status Candidates - Current Federal employees with competitive status or Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Veterans under VEOA or 30% Disabled and certain Military Spouses;
* Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A);
* Peace Corps, Vista (AmeriCorps) eligibles;
* Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or other special appointing authority..
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475541400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.