The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.Learn more about this agency
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a medical technician in the clinical laboratory with responsibility for performing and overseeing a wide variety of procedures in urinalysis, serology, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, shipping and specimen collection of blood, urine, and other body fluids.
- Performs phlebotomy and other specimen collection procedures and, on a rotational basis, is required to run the front desk of the laboratory. This includes responding to the patient call bell in a timely manner, accessing CHCS to order or retrieve patient lab requests, performing phlebotomy, and giving patients any patient data in regards to specimen collection.
- Performs general clerk related activities in support of laboratory departmental requirements. Sets up and monitors record-keeping systems and effective quality control procedures.
- Trains and provides orientation in phlebotomy and other specimen collection procedures and maintains data in automated systems.
- Serves as rotational general laboratory technician in urinalysis, serology, chemistry, hematology. coagulation, microbiology, and shipping. Evaluates requested procedures and determines suitability of submitted specimens, requesting new specimen if appropriate.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-04 Target GS-08).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475078600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.