The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.Learn more about this agency
For EHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
For Direct Hire Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Perform operations and maintenance (O&M) engineering involving design and construction that encompass the maintenance, repair, upgrade and operation of infrastructure facilities, including utility systems, utilizing knowledge of mechanical engineering. Regularly inspect/survey facilities to identify deficiencies for incorporation into the infrastructure maintenance plan to counteract the aging of infrastructure facilities/utilities.
- Provide mechanical engineering assistance on solving current job problems and/or in-shop planning. Provide oversight/assistance in the determination of the requirements and frequencies for the Recurring Work Program (RWP).
- Apply knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination required to ensure all design considerations have been addressed.
- Work involves industrial, commercial, and process controls including utility monitoring control systems and facility energy management control systems.
- Work involves designing, evaluating, constructing, commissioning, decommissioning, operating, and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration systems, plumbing and piping systems and equipment.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target 15)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475062600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.