This vacancy has two available positions. Both positions are on the George Washington and Jefferson National Forest. One is located in Marion, VA. The other position is located either in Hot Springs, VA or Natural Bridge, VA.
This position is located on a Forest Service unit and the employee performs work concerning Natural Resource Planning, Environment law compliance (NEPA) and the development, planning, and application of Sivicultural methods and practices .
For additional information about the duties of this position located in Marion, VA, please contact Shelby Williams at 276-679-8370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position located in either Hot Springs, VA or Natural Bridge, VA, please contact John Donahue at 540-291-2188 or email@example.com.
Duties are listed at the full performance level.
- Prepares or participates in the environmental analysis of projects and may draft environmental documents for projects.
- Makes plantation and natural regeneration survival examinations to determine that results meet accepted standards.
- Conducts examinations of timber compartments and stands on the unit and evaluates the conditions found.
- Participates in timber sale unit layout and sale administration to ensure that silvicultural management objectives are maintained. Drafts routine correspondence and modifications to contracts. Serves as a team member in conducting accountability reviews and financial audits.
- Prepares multiple-use compartment prescriptions and environmental assessment reports based on field examination.
- Makes recommendations about techniques, policies, and procedures to increase the effectiveness or improve the quality of treatments.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel with overnight lodging will be required for meetings, training, workshops, and field/site visits.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP and VEOA eligibles; Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act and Farm Service Agency permanent county employees.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474906600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.