The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Motor Vehicle Operator
Position Series/Grade: WG-5703-08
Position Description #: D0843000
Line #: 711
Location: United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO) Warehouse, Guernsey, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This job is located in the WY ARNG United States Property and Fiscal Office Warehouse. Its purpose is to operate and perform operator maintenance on one or more motor vehicles to transport personnel, supplies, materials or equipment.
As a MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR, WG-5703-8, you will:
(1) Operate primarily straight-in-line trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 32,000 pounds and/or truck tractors with semitrailers or full trailers to transport personnel or pick up and deliver supplies, materials or equipment.
(2) Operate vehicles on interstate highways, winding roads, and steep grades and manipulates the dual braking system to prevent the semitrailer or trailer from jackknifing. Assure cargo is properly loaded, distributed and secured. Performs operator maintenance on vehicles.
(3) Ensure shipping and accounting documents are with the shipment and reflect actual condition, quantities and type of material. Complete log books, maintenance records, reports and other transportation documents for accurate accounting.
(4) May perform warehouse work to include issuing receiving and inventorying equipment, supplies and materials; loading and unloading of trucks; storing and pulling warehouse stock; packing and unpacking material; and repairing or replacing items on equipment. Operate electric, gasoline or diesel-powered forklift trucks.
(5) May perform a variety of extensive servicing and light maintenance work on assigned vehicles. May assist in dispatching vehicles or in the issuance of forms, credit cards or military driver's licenses.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474555200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.