About the Agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Electronics Mechanic
Position Series/Grade: WG-2604-11
Position Description #: D0876000
Line #: 135
Location: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Cheyenne WY
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Avionics/Electronics function of an Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF). Its purpose is to perform repair, maintenance, modification, overhaul and installation of complex electronic systems and/or a portion of a complete electronic integrated system involving work on a number of subsystems but not requiring the integration of all operable subsystems into a functional integrated system.
As an ELECTRONICS MECHANIC, WG-2604-11, you will:
(1) Troubleshoot, inspect, install, maintain, overhaul, repair, and modify complete operational systems consisting of numerous complex integral components.
(2) Complete operational checks, inspections, tests and troubleshooting of line replaceable unit (LRU). Isolate unusual malfunctions using technical manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, tools and test equipment including automatic test equipment.
(3) Complete bench check, testing, repair, inspection, modification, programming, reprogramming, mating, adjusting, alignment, and analyzing of LRUs and shop replaceable units.
(4) Recommend methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates materiel deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary.
(5) When designated on NGB Flying Status Orders, serve as member of flight crew for the purpose of diagnosing and recording malfunctions, or otherwise determining maintenance and repair requirements