The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity (Dual Status Technician) - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Safety and Occupational Health Manager
Position Series/Grade: GS-0018-12
Position Description #: D0702000
Line #: 201
Location: WY ARNG Safety Office
This position is located in the Army Aviation Support Facility Aviation and Safety Office. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the state Safety, Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene programs through a staff of professional and technical personnel. The incumbent ensures effective program implementation within the broad framework of congressional legislation, executive orders, DOD, Army, and National Guard Bureau policy, goals and objectives. Additionally they are responsible to program, request and manage execution of all safety budgets.
As a SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGER, GS-0018-12, you will:
(1) Manage the state ARNG Safety Program, which includes Ground Safety, Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene programs. Plan, organize, and evaluate various Safety, Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene (SOH & IH) programs involving heavy/light equipment and vehicle maintenance, supply and ammunition storage, fire prevention, range certification, combat and tactical training, and administrative activities.
(2) Implement public law mandated programs impacting a significant number of civilian and military employees working in structures used for various levels of administration, supply and maintenance functions.
(3) Plan and direct special occupational health/industrial hygiene studies based upon validated need or detected variance from established standards. Ensure SOH & IH staff visits are conducted in conformance with applicable policies, standards and criteria, and that professional support is provided to managers and supervisors for the elimination or control of unsafe conditions and environmental factors.
(4) Evaluate and analyze accident frequency, cause data, accident reports, safety survey reports, unit operations, and other activities having a direct impact on accident prevention, and directs countermeasure programs to correct unsafe procedures or conditions.
(5) Represent the Adjutant General at various safety related conferences, meetings, seminars, councils, panels, and boards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474513400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.