About the Agency
Note: Additional vacancies and selections may occur within 90 days of announcement closing date.
*In order to receive consideration for this position, please ensure to submit ALL required documents indicated in the Required Document Section.*
Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! These serves are made available as a result of the extraordinary NAF Employee workforce that is focal point of what we do. Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Assigned to the maintenance section as a Recreation Equipment Repairer at Redstone Golf Course "The Links" located in Huntsville Alabama. The Links offers 36 challenging and scenic golf holes that are maintained throughout the year.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience."
- Performs repair work on a variety of gas and diesel powered equipment including gas powered rental golf cars, multi-gang mowers, tractor drawn mowers, greens mowers, aerators and other mechanical equipment used in the daily maintenance of a golf course.
- Diagnoses malfunctions of equipment to determine the source of trouble, extent of repairs required, and the tools and parts necessary to successfully make repairs.
- Accomplishes minor engine repairs by cleaning, adjusting, and/or replacing defective parts of components and systems, including wheel cylinders, mufflers, brake shoes, carburetors, etc.
- Performs both minor and major electric and gas welding tasks as required.
- Performs major overhaul of both small and large engines by disassembling, fitting needed parts such as rings, pistons, bearings, valves, etc., reassembling, testing, and adjusting as required.
- Performs both minor and major repairs on hydrostatic drive systems by disassembling, repairing, reassembling, testing, and adjusting as required.
- Determines requirement and orders necessary parts, tools and other repair equipment through supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance and establishes schedules for routine maintenance.
- Keeps an accurate record of all preventative and routine maintenance and repair work accomplished.
- Establishes and maintains parts accountability records for all regularly required repair parts, etc.
- Performs minor and major repairs to cutting reels including dismounting, disassembly, repair, lapping, grinding, setting, and reassembly and remounting of reels from single through multiple-gang cutting units.