*** The announcement closing date is extended from 20 July 2017 to 24 July 2017*** No further actions are required if you have previously applied for this position under this Job Announcement Number and have submitted all required documents. ***Learn more about this agency
Note: Additional vacancies and selections may occur within 90 days of announcement closing date.
*In order to receive consideration for this position, please ensure to submit ALL required documents indicated in the Required Document Section.*
Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! These serves are made available as a result of the extraordinary NAF Employee workforce that is focal point of what we do. Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Serve as a Cook for Redstone Lanes that features 32 bowling lanes with AMF automatic scorers and pinsetters, bumper bowling for the kids, extreme bowling is offered the first and third Saturday of each month. League bowling is offered year round. The bowling center also encompasses a Strike Zone Restaurant and Brooklyn's Sports Bar, where you can shoot pool, throw darts on the electronic dart game, and watch your favorite sporting event on one of our many televisions; a state of the art arcade room with the most modern amusement machines; and three banquet rooms for parties or meetings.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience."
- Prepares and cooks a variety of menu items. Follows recipes to prepare items and adjusts recipes for larger or smaller quantities. Grills and deep fries foods. Broils and steams foods.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate temperature of all food items throughout preparation and service. Brings prepared foods from preparation area to refrigerators or serving area.
- Picks up items needed for menu preparation, rotating food inventories as appropriate.
- Takes inventory to determine ordering requirements.
- Check food for appropriate preparation, temperature, and packaging.
- Operates kitchen equipment designed to mix and cook food items. Uses, cleans and maintains power kitchen equipment. Keeps cooking utensils cleaned and ready
- Keeps working area clean in accordance with standard sanitation requirements. Maintains personal hygiene.
- Basic knowledge of food preparation principles and practical understanding of the physical processes that occur in cooking.
- Knowledge of proper cooking temperatures and preparation methods for a variety of foods. Ability to schedule and coordinate preparation of a number of different foods in order to
ensure that they are ready for service at the appropriate mealtime.
- Knowledge of food borne illnesses, food safety, and proper storage methods for hot and cold food items in order to prevent loss or illness due to spoilage.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, particularly standard recipes, and detailed cooking instructions. Skill in operating and cleaning a wide variety
of food service equipment, including special equipment for the preparation of large volume items.
- Assignments are received orally or in writing from a higher graded cook or supervisor.
- Employee plans, coordinates, and times assignments to assure that food items are prepared at correct temperature and on time. Assists in training lower grade cooks or kitchen help and provide advice on how to improve their work methods.
- Employee is responsible for the safe use and care of kitchen equipment, for personnel and environmental safety, and for personal hygiene.
- Work is evaluated in process and upon completion by the supervisor or higher-grade cook in terms of timeliness, quality, flavor, and appearance of prepared foods and conformance to sanitation and safety standards.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474501700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.