Note: Additional vacancies and selections may occur within 90 days of announcement closing date.Learn more about this agency
*In order to receive consideration for this position, please ensure to submit ALL required documents indicated in the Required Document Section.*
Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! These serves are made available as a result of the extraordinary NAF Employee workforce that is focal point of what we do. Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Serve as a Food and Beverage Attendant for Redstone Lanes that features 32 bowling lanes with AMF automatic scorers and pinsetters, bumper bowling for the kids, extreme bowling is offered the first and third Saturday of each month. League bowling is offered year round. The bowling center also encompasses a Strike Zone Restaurant and Brooklyn's Sports Bar, where you can shoot pool, throw darts on the electronic dart game, and watch your favorite sporting event on one of our many televisions; a state of the art arcade room with the most modern amusement machines; and three banquet rooms for parties or meetings.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience."
- Serves food, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Collects sales slips, total sales on cash register, accepts payment from patrons, makes change as necessary and maintains related cash records.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Sets up food service counters, steam tables with hot and cold foods and beverages, prepares coffee and hot water for tea, and fills beverage dispensers with juices and soft drinks.
- Sets tables, seats guests, records guests' selections and turns in orders to the kitchen.
- Presents bill and receives payment.
- Cleans tables and immediate area.
- Prepares fruits and vegetables for cooking and serving and makes a variety of fruit and vegetable salads.
- Portions out food, cleans and prepares meats and seafood for cooking, and checks food during cooking to prevent overcooking.
- Washes dishes, pots and pans, and cleans floors walls, and windows in kitchen, dining and storage areas.
- Empties trash and cleans and sanitizes containers.
- Unloads trucks and places contents in proper storage and use areas, brings supplies to work areas.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474481500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.