The Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies (DKI APCSS) is a U.S. Department of Defense institute that addresses regional and global security issues, inviting military and civilian representatives of the United States and Asia-Pacific nations to its comprehensive program of executive education and workshops, both in Hawaii and throughout the Asia Pacific region.Learn more about this agency
The Center develops and sustains relationships among security practitioners and national security establishments throughout the region. The Center's mission is to build capacities, networks, and shared understanding by educating, engaging, connecting and empowering security professionals enabling outcomes in the Indo-Asia-Pacific. Visit our website at (www.acpcss.org) (http://apcss.org) for additional information.
The position is located in the Regional Engagement Operations Department (REOD) under the Dean, Admissions and Business Operations at DKI APCSS, Honolulu, Hawaii. The physical location of this office is on the West end of Waikiki on the island of Oahu
The Event Coordinator will perform the full range of planning, coordinating and executing the intricate details of Center events operating within REOD. The term "Events" used hereafter encompasses Center programs handled by the department such as Workshops, Partnership Meetings, Dialogues, Roundtables, Visits, and Special Occasions (e.g. Center's anniversary, Community Open House). In addition, incumbent provides logistics support to the Center's executive education courses as a key member of the course's support team.
Salary will be increased by the applicable cost-of-living allowance (COLA), which is subject to change without notice.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Planning, developing and consolidating a comprehensive logistics checklist for events.
- Tracks all event support actions to ensure they are timely, efficient, well-communicated and within prescribed guidelines.
- Tracking and compiling event registration information and preparing participant lists and reports.
- Establishing and coordinating support facilities.
- Maintaining, tracking and reporting all iterations of the event budget and spending plan.
- Ensure that event participants are provided the highest level of support from arrival to departure.
- Ensuring all fiscal expenditures for events are within Department of Defense (DoD) guidelines.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. This may include travel to the Asia-Pacific region for a one or two week stay.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Reinstatement Eligibles, Interchange Agreement, VEOA or ICTAP in the local commuting area of Hawaii only.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474205900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.