The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win…in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
Current Federal Employees (DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Federal Employees (Non-DoD Transfer - OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
- The primary purpose of this position is to perform a range of protocol duties associated with special events, to coordinate and plan Distinguished Visitor (DV) visits, and present policies and practices of protocol.
- Independently makes sound decisions and good protocol judgments regarding high-level visiting dignitaries, command ceremonies, conferences, staff meetings, and social events.
- Attends meetings and provides advice on protocol policies and practices.
- Acts as primary project officer for distinguished visitors to AFRS to include foreign and sister-service recruiting leadership, and high-ranking civilian and military dignitaries.
- Develops and implements plans for distinguished visitors to AFRS including those attending special events. Maintains rosters and calendars, to develop and maintain invitation and official guest lists for HQ AFRS-hosted functions; performs associated budget/funding and agency contact requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, Veterans, Individuals with a disability, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474061500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.